flytoronto

Discussion Forums

Forum Home > Flight Simulator X Downloads > Sticky: FSX Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport

Daniel
Site Owner

Finally ready for release! Buttonville Municipal airport scenery for FSX only.  This is the first in a series of sceneries focused on the Greater Toronto Area.  It's my first venture into some scenery design, and I hope you'll enjoy it.  Background information regarding Buttonville Municipal Airport: (Wikipedia)

Buttonville Municipal Airport or Toronto/Buttonville Municipal Airport (IATA: YKZ, ICAO: CYKZ) is a medium-sized airport in Buttonville, Ontario, Canada, within Markham, bordering Richmond Hill and 29 km (18 mi) north of downtown Toronto. It is operated by Toronto Airways Limited. Due to its proximity to Toronto's suburbs, there are several strict noise-reduction procedures for aircraft using the airport. There is a weather station located at the airport. The airport is open and staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In 2010, Buttonville was Canada's 7th busiest airport by aircraft movements.

The airport is classified as an airport of entry by NAV CANADA and is staffed by the Canada Border Services Agency. CBSA officers at this airport currently can handle general aviation aircraft only, with no more than 15 passengers.

Features:

• Accurate depiction of runways and taxiways at Buttonville Municipal
  • 3D night lighting 
  • New terminal buildings
  • New hangers and warehouses
  • Various static aircraft placed around the scenery
  • Corrected parking placement
  • Eye candy; cargo, baggage, vehicles, people, birds, ect...

The scenery was created using Airport Design Editor, and objects from FSX and the ORBX libraries. Credits go fully to ORBX for several bits of the scenery, primarily the lighting and some vegetation. You can download their object library for free here:

Now for some screenshots! (My computer's been bugging out on me lately. Seems like the graphics card might be aging; notice the complete lack of antialiasing even though it's been ticked! Time for a replacement...)

*UPDATE 2012 NEW Download Link Posted below:

Enjoy! 
--

March 17, 2011 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel
Site Owner

Here's a smaller file (only the bgl) for advanced users. No instructions, it should be easy to install. :)

download-icon (48×48)

--

April 23, 2011 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel
Site Owner

Hmmm...sorry for those who might've been interested. Seems like the file is down on Mediafire. Again. 

:roll:

Reuploading...expect it back in a few hours. 

--

March 15, 2012 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Daniel
Site Owner

Download link updated. 

--

March 15, 2012 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.